Cinema for me is…
Georgiana in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The film that made me fall in love with cinema was The Lord of the Rings (Peter Jackson, US/NZ) trilogy.
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year ?
Triangle of Sadness (Ruben Östlund , SE, 2022)
Close (Lukas Dhont, BE, 2022)
Sick of Myself (Kristoffer Borgli, NO, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
Europe, to me, means diversity, history, and unity. It’s a beautiful blend of different cultures, languages, and traditions, all co-existing and influencing each other.
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
I think it’s important to vote in the European elections because it’s our opportunity to shape the policies and the direction of the European Union.
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
What I like most about my country is the warmth of its people and how welcoming everyone is.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The K-cineplex cinema in Nicosia. I love its cosy atmosphere, the selection of films it screens, and the sense of community it fosters.
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
A screenwriter. I love the idea of creating stories and characters that can inspire people.
8. Which film director would you like to be?
If I could be any film director, I’d choose to be Steven Spielberg (E.T. the extra-terrestrial, Jaws, …). His storytelling ability, diverse filmography, and significant impact on cinema are truly inspiring.
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (Victor Fleming, US, 1939). Her sense of adventure, her longing for something more, and her ultimate realization of the importance of home all resonate deeply with me
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
My favourite soundtrack is from the film Interstellar (Christopher Nolan, US, 2014) by Hans Zimmer
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
I would choose Harry Potter. The idea of exploring a magical world, learning at Hogwarts, and
experiencing the camaraderie and adventures that Harry and his friends share is something I find incredibly appealing.