Cinema for me is…
Antriani is 10 frames
- What film made you fall in love with cinema?
It’s a tough question, but I’d say ‘The Lord of the Rings Trilogy’, as these films are some of my earliest cinema memories. But to be completely honest it’s probably Finding Nemo (2003, US).
- What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Titane (Julia Ducournau, 2021, France)
The worst person in the world (Joachim Trier, 2021, Norway)
Petite Maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021, France)
- What does Europe mean to you?
Europe for me mainly means unity, safety, evolution and a celebration of diversity and culture. With its heavy history, Europe managed to preserve a common identity while respecting our individualism and our uniqueness.
- What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
Cyprus as a Mediterranean island, offers a form of escapism. Open landscapes, the social life & the constant sunshine calms me, and I can now appreciate it even more, as I’ve been studying abroad.
- Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The KCineplex cinema in Nicosia, Cyprus. That was the theatre closest to where I grew up, and where I was introduced to films and fell in love with the art of cinema. I used to go there almost every week when I was young and I have some of my favourite memories there. I used to call it my second home.
- What is your dream job in the film industry?
- Which film director would you like to be?
A mix of Xavier Dolan & Greta Gerwig.
- Which film character do you most identify with?
At this moment, I’d say I identify the most with Julie from ‘The worst person in the world’ and Lady Bird from ‘Lady Bird’.
- Your favorite soundtrack or song?
It has to be the score from Carol by Carter Burwell (Todd Haynes, 2015, US) and of course the score from Amelie by Yann Tiersen (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, 2001, FR).
- If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
I’d love to live in ‘Les demoiselles de Rochefort’ (Jacques Demy, 1967, FR) for sure!! But I’d live in any of Jaques Demy’s film-worlds any time of the day.