Cinema for me is…
Esther in 10 frames
- What film made you fall in love with cinema? “Incendies” (2010) by Denis Villeneuve was the first film that made me realise the tremendous power that film as a medium can have
- What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year? Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019, Céline Sciamma) Dear Future children (2021, Franz Böhm) Große Freiheit (2021, Sebastian Meise)
- What does Europe mean to you? Europe to me means home. It’s where I as an individual will always feel enveloped by a safe, familiar warmth
- What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique? It has everything – from mountains, rivers, suburbs to city, and it’s all easily accessible. I also love how everything is at a slower pace here, we’re not often in a rush and everyone has a beautiful sense of self-irony
- Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it? Burg Kino – Despite its grand room, it manages to maintain a certain coziness and intimacy, and I always feel so immersed in the films I watch there
- What is your dream job in the film industry? I want to be an Actress, with the aim to one day also direct a short film
- Which film director would you like to be? One that sees the work as a whole, collectively created by all the departments, cast and crew.
- Which film character do you most identify with? Somehow I find myself in all of them – no matter how hugely different their circumstances may be to mine
- Your favorite soundtrack or song? I really enjoyed the soundtrack from “Drive” (2011, Nicolas Winding-Refn)
- If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be? Right now I’d love to be in a cliché, too-good-to-be-true “Mamma Mia” setting.