Cinema for me is…
Lore in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Ambitious, passionate, honest, innovative, dedicated, astute, perfectionistic, overthinking, independent and interested.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Not afraid to challenge myself and my environment.
Worst habit: Missing my train.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The diverse cities! Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent, … They are all close to each other but very different and unique.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
I think you could translate it as passionate. But when you literally translate the word you could interpret it as the journey of following your heart.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Italy for sure. I love the culture, nature, cities and the people. Love how proud they are of their country. Otherwise, I would choose London since it holds a special place in my heart.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Possibilities, history, culture.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
When I watched Suna no onna (Hiroshi Teshigahara, 1964, JP) for the first time I literally felt my whole body getting excited to make movies and watch movies for the rest of my life.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Sphinx cinema in Ghent! It’s a lovely film theatre where I always feel welcome and at home. It’s located in the heart of Ghent..
12. Who is your movie hero?
Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs (Jonathan Demme, 1991, US) and Dominika Egorova in Red Sparrow (Francis Lawrence, 2018, US).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Wong Kar-Wai for sure. He is crazy talented. After a long shooting day, Wong goes to a cafe to write his script for the next day. The characters in his movies have this authenticy and the relationships between people are always extremely complex, recognizable and thought through. And next to this I just adore the cinematography in his movies..
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The car chasing scene in Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford, 2016, US). It’s a scene that resonates in my whole body. It takes my breath away and makes my heartbeat rise. It’s a physical cinematic experience and I love it.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Les Amants du Pont Neuf (Leos Carax, 1991, FR)
Na srebrnym globie (Andrzej Żuławski, 1988, PL)
Tu mérites un amour (Hafsia Herzi, 2019, FR)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Andrew Newman in Whiplash (Damien Chazelle, 2014, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack of Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford, 2016, US) by Abel Korzeniowski.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Before Sunrise (Richard Linklater, 1995, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being incredibly good at playing the cello.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My music library.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I think the fact that I have never stopped pushing myself to my limits.
23. What is your motto?
It’s a Greek word that has no direct translation in other languages. It could be translated as: ‘To do something with soul, creativity or love. To put a piece of yourself in everything you do.’