Cinema for me is…
Verónica in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
A dreamy girl in love with art in all its forms.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: my quick solution of problem.s – Bad habit: do not exercise.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The different landscapes! You can shoot in coastal places, up to deserts and forests.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Sempiterno: (sempiternal) it starts but it has no end.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Amsterdam, last year.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Belgium, for sure!
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Culture, community and safety.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Bridge to Terabithi (Gabor Csupo, 2007) USA
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Cines Renoir, they have lovely european movies in original version with subtitles.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Venom (maybe he’s more of an antihero, but I love him).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Sofia Coppola or Greta Gerwig, I’m in love with them.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The end of “Lost in Translation” (2003): Charlotte is in a taxi bound for the airport and Bob in the middle of a street in Tokyo. The taxi stops, she sees him, gets off and goes to him and she says something to the ear that we don’t know, and suddenly the movie ends.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Portrait of A Lady on Fire (Céline Sciamma 2020) FR
Pain and Glory (Pedro Almodóvar, 2019) ES
Les Misérables (Ladj Ly, 2019) FR
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jo March from “Little Woman”, she is very independent but deep down she wants love.
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Soundtrack of Interstellar by Hans Zimmer.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Chronicles of Narnia! That saga was part of my childhood and I have always dreamed of living there.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Kaya Scodelario, because the characters she has played look a bit like me.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to draw well, I love it but sadly is not my talent.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My laptop, to edit my videos and watch movies.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To premiere my first short film in an independent cinema, it was a week on the billboard of a small independent cinema.
23. What is your motto?
‘Creativity is sempiternal’