Cinema for me is…
Mia in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Cinephile, writer, music lover, Irish, reader, aspiring scholar and artist.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: my dedication and passion to things I love.
Worst Habit: Getting distracted on other jobs by that same passion!
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The community spirit.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Seafood chowder and guiness.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“An té a bhíónn siúlach, bíonn scéalach”– “He who travels, has stories”– I think travel is the best way to both educate yourself and create long lasting memories and inspiration!
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Berlin, for the film festival.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Interdependence, freedom, communication.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Buster’s Mal Heart (Sarah Adina Smith, 2017, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The IFI, for the comfortable seats and the fantastic spirit of shared love of film. (Plus the coffee is really good!).
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
In (500) Days of Summer, when Tom walks out of his apartment and randomly bursts into a song and dance; it’s such a great blend of so many films and genres, it’s like a love letter to Hollywood and cinema and love stories!
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Corpus Christi (Jan Komasa 2019, PL)
And Then We Danced (Levan Akin 2019, SE)
Calm With Horses (Nick Rowland 2019, UK).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jo in Little Women (Greta Gerwig, 2020).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Max Richter’s ‘On the nature of daylight’.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting selected for the 27 Times Cinema!.
23. What is your motto?
“No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”