Croatia – Dina Uglešićc
Cinema for me is…
Croatia – Dina Uglešić from Europa Cinemas on Vimeo.
Dina in 23 Frames
- Describe yourself in ten words.
Hardworking, Motivated, Empathetic, Perceptive, Compassionate, Observant, Sensitive, Outgoing, Practical, Cooperative
- Your best quality? Your worst habit?
My best quality is probably the fact that I can easily adjust to any type of situation or type of people which helps me resolve all kinds of problems that may occur workwise or other. My worst habit is checking everything multiple times because I must be sure that everything is in place and organized just the way I want it to be.
- Your dream job?
My dream job is doing anything connected to audio-visual arts – simple as that!
- What do you like most about your country?
The thing I love about my country is the diversity of people, culture and history crowded in such a small territory
- Your favorite dish in your country?
I am a pasta girl, so one of my favorite dishes is green sauce shrimp pasta.
- Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
A word from my native language that I use most often is probably Brate which means Brother but from where I come from we use it in a context like a buddy, so it is completely normal to say Brother to your mum or your friend or pretty much anyone.
- What European capital have you visited lately?
- Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Amsterdam, Netherlands, or anywhere in the Netherlands.
- What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Stability, its way to connect different races, cultures, languages, and spreading equality.
- What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Incredibles from the animated films and Run, Lola, Run from the feature films.
- Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
My favorite movie theatre is Kino EUROPA located in Zagreb, Croatia. It has an amazing history and overall vibe that just made me fall in love with it the first time I walked in also the program was just amazing. It is out of work for a couple of months because of the politics in Croatia, but it will always have a special place in my heart and will remain my favorite.
- Who is your movie hero?
I don’t think we should look at people as heroes because everyone can use their talents and knowledge to achieve something great in their own way
- Which movie director would you like to be?
I am me and I have no aspirations like that.
- Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The ending scene of Call me by your name. The melancholy and the emotion in the combination with the sound of the fireplace and the music is just fascinating. One scene that reminisces the whole movie and gives you as a viewer the ending you need. Takes you to your first love and your first heartbreak and leaves you with nostalgia and empathy. The movie credits start going but you are left with close-up of Elios pain and suffering that you feel through only one shot while his eyes tear up.
- What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
I lost my body (Jeremy Clapin, 2019, FR)
Honeyland (Tamara Kotevska & Ljubomir Stefanov, 2019, MK)
The diary of Diana B (Dana Budisavljević, 2019, HR).
- Which film character do you most identify with?
I think maybe Lola from Run, Lola, Run film.
- Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Anything from Ennio Morricone!
- If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
- Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Rooney Mara would be a good choice if you ask me.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to play an instrument of some kind, drums maybe.
- What is your most treasured possession?
I have an old analog camera that my Mum used throughout all my childhood and it still works so I use it now to capture new memories.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
For now, it’s my first animated short I am currently finishing.
- What is your motto
My motto is I know that I know nothing a saying by Plato’s.
Dina Uglešić is the Ambassador of Art-kino. Find out more about the Cinema here.