Greece – Antonis Tsistrakis
Cinema for me is…
Greece – Antonis Tsistrakis from Europa Cinemas on Vimeo.
Antonis in 23 Frames
- Describe yourself in ten words.
Forever searching for myself through art.
- Your best quality? Your worst habit?
I think that my best quality would be my thoughtfulness. My worst habit would, totally, be my OCD.
- Your dream job?
Screenwriter and Film Director.
- What do you like most about your country?
The best things about my country are the beautiful sceneries, the culture and the amazing food.
- Your favorite dish in your country?
Pastitsio, a great dish with pasta.
- Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
I love the word μεράκι. A word that cannot be translated to any other language, meaning the love you put into something, when doing it.
- What European capital have you visited lately?
Brussels, Sofia and Berlin
- Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
I would love to live in Germany and particularly in Berlin.
- What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Unity, Stability, Safety.
- What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Nuovo Cinema Paradiso.
- Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
My favorite film theatre would be Trianon, which I am representing. I love the feeling of wholesomeness and great people in one place.
- Who is your movie hero?
The 3 main characters from Alfonso Cuarón’s Y Tu Mamá También.
- Which movie director would you like to be?
I would love to be my own artist, but if I can say that I look up to someone, it would be Andrei Tarkovsky.
- Briefly describe your favorite scene.
My favourite scene would be a scene from Doubt, in which Meryl Streep and Viola Davis are having a very intense conversation, while it is filmed almost as an 8-minute long shot with very few cuts in between. Film Excellence.
- What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Corpus Christi (Yann Komasa, 2020) PL Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma 2019) FR Zizotek (Vardis Marinakis, 2019) GR.
- Which film character do you most identify with?
Okja from Bong Joon-Ho’s Okja.
- Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Paweł Pawlikowski’s Cold War.
- If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Spike Jonze’s Her.
- Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
- Which talent would you most like to have?
The talent of understanding when people’s intentions are good or bad.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being part of the Youth Jury in Brussels Film Festival, being an intern in Nu Boyana Film Studios and, hopefully, my Bachelor’s Degree later this year..
- What is your motto?
No matter what, just keep going. One day you’re gonna be thankful.
Antonis Tsistrakis is the Ambassador of Trianon. Find out more about the Cinema here.