Cinema for me is…
Bianca in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Outspoken. Ambitious. Creative. Pragmatic. Open- minded. Loyal. Empathetic. Stubborn. Controlling. Clumsy.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
I am passionate about what I do and what I love. I have a lot of pet peeves.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
Art history and food.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Cappelletti al ragù.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Se lallero” is Roman dialect for “Yes, of course” in an ironic sense.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Community, diversity, innovation.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
2001: A Space Odyssey.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Cinema Eliseo is my hometown movie theater. It is my favorite cinema to watch movies because it is the very place thanks to which I have developed my passion for cinema growing up.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Orson Welles’ Charles Foster Kane.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Nuovo Cinema Paradiso. The cinema closed for the night and Alfredo decides to project a movie on the building across the square. He does so because the crowd gathered in front of the theater’s walls demanding its ‘movie night’.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Seul Contre Tous (Gaspar Noé, 1998) FR Caro Diario (Nanni Moretti, 1993) IT Stalker (Andrei Tarkovsky, 1979) RU.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Marcello Rubini (La Dolce Vita, Federico Fellini).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Ennio Morricone’s soundtrack for Sergio Leone’s Once Upon A Time in America.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Star Wars Ep. IV: A New Hope (George Lucas, 1977).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My Martin guitar.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My first theater play.
23. What is your motto?
“Per aspera ad astra.” (Through hardship to the stars).