Cinema for me is…
Lea in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Hello, I am Lea and very bad at ten-word self-descriptions.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Constantly challenging myself to think outside of the box. Worst habit: Where did the box go? I always seem to lose my stuff.
3. Your dream job?
One that does not feel like a job. For me that would be: being creative, writing and thinking.
4. What do you like most about your country?
My friends and family and all the different dialects we have there.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
To go somewhere “auf einen Katzensprung” means that something isn’t far away or won’t take a very long time. A “Katzensprung” is the jump of a cat.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I’ve been to London in spring. Still counts.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
I love Sicily, so Italy.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Variety. Togetherness. Culture.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Crna macka, beli macor (Emir Kusturica, 1998, EU).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Leokino. It was one of the first cinemas I ever visited, so it will always be a special one for me. I can’t count how many movies I watched in that theatre.
12. Who is your movie hero?
I simply love Maria in The Sound of Music (Robert Wise, 1965, US). Maybe her role is a bit outdated, but I’ll forever have her as my favorite movie hero.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The ending-scene of La Science des Rêves (Michel Gondry, 2006, FR), where dreams and reality mix. Stephane gets woken up by his crush Stephanie and together they ride into the blue ocean on a white horse. How much better can a dream end?
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Favourite (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2018, GB)
Chiamami col tuo nome (Luca Guadagnino, 2017, IT)
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Martin McDonagh, 2017, US)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Edward Scissorhands. Clumsy with most things, but not with the ones that matter.
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Wes Anderson, 2004, US), I love Seu Jorges portuguese interpretation of David Bowie classics.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Gake no ue no Ponyo (Hayao Miyazaki, 2009, JP)
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
To make movies.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My photographs and my books.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To never settle after achieving one.
23. What is your motto?
“Live Long and Prosper” – Mr. Spock.