Cinema for me is…
Christina in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Always happy to hang with cool people and cold beer!
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best: I’m always in a positive mood.
Worst: Easily distracted and procrastinating.
3. Your dream job?
I would love to work as a film critic on a broadcasting show of some sort where I could talk and exchange opinions about films with other people.
4. What do you like most about your country?
I love that in Cyprus we can go anywhere within maximum two hour drives. Also the very laid back and outgoing way of life.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Not technically a dish but a very common snack in Cyprus during summer: Watermelon and halloumi cheese!!
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Ethispirkasa”. It means I’m very hot and uncomfortable.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
My last trip was in Athens visiting some friends. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed the Athenian nightlife!
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Either somewhere Mediterranean like Rome or a more cosmopolitan city like London.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
The three values that perfectly describe Europe for me are: culture, unity and stability.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Before Sunrise (Richard Linklater, 2004, US) made release that great cinema doesn’t have to be a complicated story or a huge production.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Rialto Theatre is the place where I got to see some of the most amazing films especially during the annual film festivals so it has a special place in my heart. I also love its starry – like ceiling!
12. Who is your movie hero?
Larry “Doc” Sportello in Inherent Vice (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2014, US) was such a unique take on the movie protagonist/hero and I loved it!
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Paul Thomas Anderson. He gets to work with incredible actors in such great and different productions.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
When Sebastian visits Mia in La La Land (Damien Chazelle, 2016, US) after they separated to tell her the good news that she got an audition. Mia still doubts her abilities willing to sacrifice her dreams but Sebastian refuses to let her.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Touch Me Not (Adina Pintilie, 2017, RO)
Smuggling Hendrix (Marios Piperides, 2018, CY)
Todos los saben (Asghar Farhadi, 2018, ES)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Thomasin from The Witch (Robert Eggers, 2015, US)
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack of Her (Spike Jonze, 2013, US) by Arcade Fire!
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
If I were a man, Everybody Wants Some!! (Richard Linklater, 2016, US ) definitely!
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Based only on my body type and height I would say… Danny DeVito?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to be a talented writer.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
Pictures from my childhood with family and friend.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being invited to attend the 28 Times Cinema programme in Venice 2019!
23. What is your motto?
“To define is to limit”.