Cinema for me is…
Marietta in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Well, I think, generally speaking, I am usually quite ok.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: good at opening jars.
Worst habit: not that good at calling back.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Eh – a possible translation is anyway or already, but that doesn’t even begin to explain its beauty and greatness.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Human rights, democracy, Peace (to be enjoyed with care however).
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Can’t remember. But it happens all the time.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The Filmcasino in Vienna. The program & the place.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
The Coen Sister.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
O Captain, my Captain!
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016) DE
L’avenir (Mia Hansen-Løve, 2016) FR
The Lobster (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2015) GR
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The Big Lebowski.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
About Time (Richard Curtis, 2013) GB (see below), assuming some gender adjustments.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
The Time Travelling Talent.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Completely solving the Standard crosswords a week in a row (no, that’s my goal actually).
23. What is your motto?
More Känguru for you.