Cinema for me is…
Jacob in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Outgoing, ambitious, fun, casual, passionate, opinionated, curious, jazz, artistic, dedicated
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: I like making people laugh and I am very dedicated to anything I do.
Worst habit: I can be very stubborn.
3. Your dream job?
My dream job is to work as a programmer in one of the major international film festivals. I love the festival vibe and seeing all the months of hard work come together when the festival finally begins.
4. What do you like most about your country?
I love Copenhagen during summer time, when everything is in full bloom and people are hanging out in the sun.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My favorite Danish dish would probably be our version of roast pork called “flæskesteg”, which we mainly eat around Christmas time.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Kompromis – which is a compromise.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Tough to pick just one, but I’ve been wanting to live in Berlin (Germany) for a long time. German is similar to Danish, but I still haven’t learned it. Living there could hopefully change that!
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Connectivity, history and fellowship.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
I have always been very interested in cinema, but it was probably upon watching Lars Von Trier’s Melancholia (2011, DK) in high school that I truly fell in love with the medium as an art form.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Grand Teatret is definitely my favorite cinema in Copenhagen. They are committed to showing European arthouse and the best American independent films that most of the commercial cinemas don’t.
12. Who is your movie hero?
The Dude Lebowski
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Paul Thomas Anderson
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
My favorite scene as of late has been the flashback in Manchester by the Sea (Kenneth Lonergan, 2016) US, where we learn of Lee Chandler’s past and terrible mistake, which completely changes over view of the character.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016) DE
Son of Saul (Nemes László, 2015) HU
Elle (Paul Verhoeven, 2016) FR
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jesse in Linklater’s Before-trilogy has always seemed highly identifiable.
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Jonny Greenwood’s score in There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007, US) is nothing short of masterful.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Wolf of Wall Street (Martin Scorsese, 2013) US – I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at those parties…
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to write the perfect screenplay.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
A couple of years back I travelled all around Australia by myself meeting tons of cool people. Hopefully there are still many more to come!
23. What is your motto?
Live life to the fullest.