Cinema for me is…
Agnieszka in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (David Fincher, US, 2008). It was magical then, it is magical now.
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
How to Have Sex (Molly Manning Walker, GB, 2023)
Skammen (Ingmar Bergman, SE, 1968)
Elle (Paul Verhoeven, FR, 2016)—if rewatching counts!
3. What does Europe mean to you?
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
The alternative is ignorance (and not the blissful kind).
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
Shared generational trauma.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Only one? Must be Kino Pod Baranami then. I love the square tickets that I have been collecting for years. They look like little tiles.
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
8. Which film director would you like to be?
Denis Villeneuve, if only to credit myself for Incendies (2010). Or Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird, Little Women, …). I most definitely am a Barbie girl.
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Trinity from The Matrix (US, 1999) & Miranda Carroll from Station Eleven (2021).
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
I have a soft spot for the entirety of the animated Beauty and the Beast (Gary Trousdale & Kirk Wise, US, 1991). Lately I loved Tár: I. Largo by Hildur Guðnadóttir.
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (US, 2019) so I could legally call Jodie Comer “mom.”