Cinema for me is…
Luca in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Into The Wild (Sean Penn, US, 2007)
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Eight Mountains (Charlotte Vandermeersch & Felix van Groeningen, BE, 2022)
Close (Lukas Dhont, BE, 2022)
Boiling Point (Philip Barantini, GB, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
Freedom of moving, while encountering differences and similarities in every place and with every person.
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
It’s more important than ever to use the opportunity to participate in the decisions that are made for our common future.
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
A bit cliché for the Netherlands, but the fact that everyone cycles everywhere.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Rialto, because it is a perfect retreat in midst of the busy city.
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
8. Which film director would you like to be?
Alejandro Jodorowsky (The Holy Mountain, Santa Sangre, …)
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Playground Love – Air
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Laurence Anyways (Xavier Dolan, CA, 2012)