Cinema for me is…
Axelle in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Finding Nemo (Andrew Stanton, US, 2003) (I was five at the time).
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Ana Rosa (Catalina Villar, FR, 2022)
Godland (Hlynur Pálmason, DK, 2022)
A House Made of Splinters (Simon Lereng Wilmont, DK, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
Unity and solidarity with the aim of maintaining peace and prosperity among nations. In recent years, I see Europe more as a challenged space that needs to be collectively reorganized to remain relevant.
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
Because now more than ever we need to protect our modern democraties and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and tolerant vision of the European Union. But I can’t really tell you what to do, can I? 😉
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
Our constant grumpiness.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
I really enjoy visiting Le Méliès cinema in Montreuil because of its commitment to showcasing independent and alternative films that prioritize artistic and experimental qualities over commercial appeal as well as its notable emphasis on programming documentary films. Moreover, the venue itself is a delightful experience for film enthusiasts with frequent festive events.
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
Head of acquisitions for a documentary sales company or programmer for a film festival.
8. Which film director would you like to be?
Agnès Varda (Cléo de 5 à 7, Les plages d’Agnès, …)
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Dory from Finding Nemo.
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Nightcall by Kavinsky (Drive, Nicolas Winding Refn, US, 2011) – always makes me feel like robbing a bank on a weekday night.
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Probably Finding Nemo.