Cinema for me is…
Myrsky in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Shape of Water (Guillermo del Toro, US, 2017). I fell in love with its atmosphere and started looking for more.
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Triangle of Sadness (Ruben Östlund, SE, 2022)
The Hunger (Tony Scott, US, 1983)
All Quiet on the Western Front (Edward Berger, DE, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
Connection. Since European countries are so close together it’s easy to connect with people
from different cultures and travel around !
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
We need to make sure that the people who represent our countries stand up for human
rights and are willing to take action against climate change.
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
I love the forests of Finland. More than 75% of the Finland’s land area is covered by forest
so you’re always close to nice trails to walk on.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Cinema Riviera in Helsinki has a very special atmosphere. They pair food and drinks with
the movies they’re showing. They’ve had Mamma Mia! and Marie Antoinette – themed
brunches, for example!
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
I want to be a film director who writes and edits their own films.
8. Which film director would you like to be?
David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, …) or Peter Strickland (The Duke of Burgundy, In Fabric, …)
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Paddington bear or the titular character of ParaNorman (Chris Butler & Sam Fell, US, 2012)
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
I’ve been listening to the soundtrack of Carol (Todd Haynes, US, 2015) on repeat for years now.
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Any movie directed by Wong Kar-wai (In the Mood for Love, Happy Together, …).