Cinema for me is…
Klaas in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Vive L’Amour by Tsai Ming-Liang (TW, 1994)
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Great Freedom (Sebastian Meise, AT, 2021)
Alcarràs (Carla Simon, ES, 2022)
Triangle of Sadness (Ruben Östlund , SE, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
My voice matters.
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
That we have 3 official languages: Dutch, French and German
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
My favorite one is Utopia in Bordeaux, France (sorry Belgium). It’s an old church building that’s been transformed into a cinema and it’s very cute.
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
I’ll say actor for now.
8. Which film director would you like to be?
Hirokazu Kore-Eda (Broker, Shoplifters, …)
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Julie from The Worst Person in the World (Joachim Trier, NO, 2021) of course.
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack of Mustang (Deniz Gamze Ergüven, FR, 2015) always makes me tear up. Although the one from Minari (Lee Isaac Chung, US, 2020) is a close second!.
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Licorice Pizza (Paul Thomas Anderson, US, 2021)