Cinema for me is…
Ádám in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Curious, ready to learn more and more thing about the world.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Open-mindedness.
Worst habit: Conflict avoidance.
3. Your dream job?
Cinematographer-director, or just travel around the world and make videos.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Our capital, Budapest. It’s a dream to live here.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
It’s the goulash soup.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
It’s called “Fülbemászó”. In direct translation it’s “ear crawler”, and it means catchy, a catchy melody.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I’ve been to Berlin, Rome, Amsterdam, Vienna and London in the last few years.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Italy (I’ve already lived there for a while).
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
It means openness, safety and home.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
It was Interstellar (Christohper Nolan, US) in 2014.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
It’s called the Bem Cinema. It’s an art cinema, 2 minutes’ walk away from where I live. It is really small and intime, with a bar aside of it.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Quentin Tarantino or Paolo Sorrentino.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
It’s the opening scene of Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009, US), after a long talk between a farmer hiding Jewish refugees and a Nazi lieutenant, the Nazi soldier finds out everything and makes them to be killed. I’ve never seen more tension in a scene in my life.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Sweet Movie (Dusan Makavejev, 1974, CA)
Neokonchennaya pyesa dlya mekhanicheskogo pianino (Nikita Mikhalkov, 1979, RU)
Blow-up (Michelangelo Antonioni, 1966, GB)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
It’s the main character of A million little pieces (Sam Taylor-Johnson, 2018, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
It’s a song called ’68, from a Hungarian band.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
It would be a space movie, maybe A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
I would choose Aaron Paul.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to memorize everything.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
I have very special blankets from places around the word I visited, I would never leave them alone.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
At the age of 19 I managed to move to Italy and live on my own.
23. What is your motto?
It’s all in our minds, everything is determined in the head.