Cinema for me is…
Alzbeta in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
In a desperate need of finding something unsearchable. But nice.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Reading people and… reading people.
3. Your dream job?
Filming underwater as a freediving professional.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The wonders of my language.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Kyselo and česnečka (a sour and a garlic soup).
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Techtle mechtle” – it’s an expression for flirting.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Budapest. It was a birthday gift and I didn’t know where I was going.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Italy – sipping flat whites until my last breath.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Culture, Diversity, Unity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Born Free (James Hill, 1966, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Pilotů. I can discuss the films in Bar Pilotů afterwards with butter beer served on the table.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Miloš Forman comes on my mind.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
It’s in the film Total Eclipse (Agnieszka Holland, 1995, FR). In this scene, young Leonardo DiCaprio and David Thewlis crowl on the grass and act like goats.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma, 2018, FR)
Hiroshima, mon amour (Alain Resnais, 1958, FR)
Satyricon (Federico Fellini, 1969, IT)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
I’m somewhere between Mathilda from Léon (Luc Besson, 1994, FR) and Mr. Bean…
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
“Alan” and “Mission” from The Imitaton Game (Morten Tyldum, 2014, US) and “Suite” from Forrest Gump (Robert Zemeckis, 1994, US).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Kingsman and James Bond on one hand, Roman Holiday (William Wyler, 1953, US) on the other.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Definitely Pamela Anderson!
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
I can whistle like an owl.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
At the moment it’s frothing the ideal latte milk. Talking about film, it might be having my short film chosen into the final round of a competition created by a Czech film festival – Febiofest.
23. What is your motto?
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.