Cinema for me is…
Alexandra 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Big smile. Often seen with a cup of tea in hand.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best: I am generous. Worst: A procrastinator.
3. Your dream job?
I would love to work with film distribution. Bring great Swedish film out into the world, and bring great International film into Sweden..
4. What do you like most about your country?
Being close to nature and the never-ending summer nights.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Råraka! A fried potato dish which is topped with roe, red onion and sour cream. YUM.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Det finns ingen ko på isen”,“There is no cow on the ice”, which means there’s nothing to worry about.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I had a short but wonderful stay in Tirana, Albania when I was bussing through the Balkans
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Openness, History, Diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
When I was a kid I got the DVD for Pirates of The Caribbean. I remember watching the full movie and then the extra-disc with the behind the scenes footage and being completely mesmerized by the stunts and the sheer volume of work that goes into making a movie.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
A small cinema in the archipelago named Blidö Bio. During my childhood, we always took the boat to this particular cinema in the summers, and it is where I have had some of my earliest memories of film. It is in an old barn, and it still has the old- timey film in where you have to change the roll halfway through.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Cher from Clueless!
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
I would love to be Wes Anderson just so I could see the world through his pastel colored, symmetrical lens.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Ronja Rövardotter (Tage Danielsson, 1984, SWE), Ronja and her rival Birk test each other’s courage by jumping over the crack in the mountain that is called The Gap of Hell. Birk eventually falls down and clings to the edge of the cliff, fearing for his life. Ronja saves him with the help of her rope and then punches him in the face, when he thanks her and calls her his sister..
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma, 2019) FR
The Souvenir (Joanna Hogg, 2019) UK
Les glaneurs et la glaneuse (Agnès Varda, 2000) FR.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Kat Stratford from 10 Things I Hate About You.
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
To be honest, the Twilight Soundtrack is amazing. Nicholas Brittel’s score for If Beale Street Could talk and Dan Romer’s score for Beasts of the Southern Wild always gives me goosebumps.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. How amazing to live in a French 60’s technicolor musical!
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to play an instrument.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My DVD Boxset of the iconic tv-show The O.C.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Surrounding myself with wonderful people.
23. What is your motto?
You never regret a Dip in the ocean!