Cinema for me is…
Natalia in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Creativity, imagination, sensitive, crazy, smiling, melancholy, talkative, open to knowledge travels lover, delighted with nature, helpful.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
I can listen. Impatient.
3. Your dream job?
Working in a radio and having my own business at the same time.
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Dumplings (in polish-Pierogi ruskie)!
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Capabilities, force, variety.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
(Hard one) In basic cinema- The Lion King (Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff, 1994, US) in more advanced Les 400 coups (François Truffaut, 1959, FR).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Pod Baranami in Crakow. It is intimate and magical.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Carl Fredricksen from Up (Pete Docter, Bob Peterson, 2009, US)
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
(Hard one again!) I love the fluency, the sense of freedom and the width of the frame when young Jean-Pierre Léaud in Les 400 coups (François Truffaut, 1959, FR) runs towards the sea. The viewer has a sense of depth and metaphysical strength, and the work of the camera, music and close-ups emphasizes all this.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Favourite (Yórgos Lánthimos, 2018? UK)
Roma (Alfonso Cuarón, 2018, US)
Zimna wojna ( Pawel Pawlikowski, 2018, PL)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Petrunija from Gospod postoi, imeto i’ e Petrunija, (Teona Strugar Mitevska, 2019, MK).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Soundtrack to movie Up (Pete Docter, Bob Peterson, 2009, US) from Pixar and also soundtrack from La Grande Bellezza (Paolo Sorrentino, 2013, IT).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Any from 40’s or 50’s! The vibe of Citizen Kane (Orson Welles, 1941, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My dog…she was my dream and I found her in the woods.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I am only 23 years old. But If I need to decide I think that I was working so hard to be brave and have self-confidence. I am doing a great progress.
23. What is your motto?
Just keep swimming.