Cinema for me is…
Tintin in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Filmmaker based in Stockholm. Often ambitious, always curious, sometimes stubborn.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: genuine listener and sincere speaker.
Worst habit: amplify stories with a few lies here and there.
3. Your dream job?
Keep writing stories and realise the imaginative.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The seasonal light and the lack thereof.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Anything with rhubarb in it.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
A few times each summer the sun dosen’t go below the horizon. It shines all day and for that we call her “midnattssol”.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Went to Lisbon for the first time this summer, rented a car and drove south. Also built a relationship with Amsterdam over the last couple of months, she’s really something. Think I’m in love.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
It would be the Netherlands for the love of Amsterdam or our neighbouring country Denmark.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Equality. Unity. Exchange.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Hard to remember, suppose I’ve always been in love.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Bio Oko in Prague. Lived around the block and it basically became my second living room. It’s a place beyond theatre, a true cinephile playground.
12. Who is your movie hero?
The one who dares going against himself.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Not sure, but going shoulder to shoulder with Joachim Trier would surely bring me there.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
When the chimpanzee enteres the ball room in The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017, SE).
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017), SE,
Sicilian Ghost Story (Fabio Grassadonia, Antonio Piazza, 2017), IT,
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016), DE.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Since neighter if us can sing it must be Ryan Gosling in La La Land.
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The 80’s neon vibe of Drive always hits me.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Luc Besson’s The Big Blue (1988, FR), to live at sea and learn to dive.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Michael Shannon for his striking oddity and twisted ways.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Beeing able to keep a library inside my head.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
Two framed polaroids of family.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Dedicating time to interact with young boys in need of someone to talk to. Taking part in a collaborative short film series on the effects of gender inequalities.
23. What is your motto?
Tintin is the Ambassador of Folkets Hus och Parker. Find out more about the cinemas here.