Cinema for me is…
Czech Republic – Daniela Kadlečkova from Europa Cinemas on Vimeo.
Daniela in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Curious, open-minded and cynical perfectionist, who loves to create.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: I believe that I am quite creative.
Worst habit: I’m always late.
3. Your dream job?
Film distributor or PR manager at a film festival.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Probably our dry sense of humor. And of course pivo (=beer).
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Ježkovy voči!” – it literally means “Hedgehog’s eyes!” and it’s used as an expression of surprise.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
France, Sweden or Denmark.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Freedom, cultural diversity and social solidarity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Little Sea Nymph (Karel Kachyňa, 1975) CZ
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Světozor in Prague near Wenceslas Square. It’s an art-house cinema with the best bar, where you can see regular exhibitions of vintage film posters.
12. Who is your movie hero?
I have too many movie heroes. One of them is Louise Sawyer from Ridley Scott’s film Thelma & Louise.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Sofia Coppola or Věra Chytilová.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
One of my all time favorites is the final scene from the already mentioned Ridley Scott’s road movie Thelma & Louise, when they decide to ride off a cliff just to not get caught. This scene embodies a real female friendship and is deeply moving for me.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
– Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016) DE
– Graduation (Cristian Mungiu, 2016) RO
– The Last Family (Jan P. Matuszynski, 2016) PL
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Probably with Eva from an old Czech film Eva Fools Around (Martin Fric, 1939), CZ
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Every single Quentin Tarantino’s soundtrack and everything composed by brilliant Zdeněk Liška.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
For sure in La Dolce Vita (Federico Fellini, 1960) IT
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Probably Alicia Vikander. I just love her.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to speak Japanese.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My curiosity and imagination.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting an internship at a film distribution company.
23. What is your motto?
I don’t have one.
Daniela is the Ambassador of Svetozor. Find out more about the cinema here.