Cinema for me is…
Kiyan in 25 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words
Cinephile, musician, optimistic, self-aware, lighthearted, open, video-gamer, sarcastic, hopeful, dreamy.
2. What are your 3 best qualities and your 3 worst habits?
3 best qualities: Diligence, Honesty and an eye for the detail
3 worst habits: Impatience, Perfectionism and a serious weakness for ice cream
3. What is your dream job?
Anything that has to do with cinema, honestly. But my dream job would be film director or screenwriter.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Its serenity and peacefulness.
5. What is your favourite dish in your country?
Paschtéit. It is a variation of the french “Bouchée à la reine“.
6. What is the word or the expression in your native language that you like the most and what does it mean?
Muhbauzi – it’s the children’s word for cow and probably the funniest sounding word in this language.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe means to you?
Unity and Peace.
10. What are the European values that you share?
Fraternité, Égalité, Liberté – so pretty much the values demanded in the French Revolution.
11. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Definitely Charlie Chaplin’s The Great Dictator.
12. What is your favourite cinema theatre and what do you like about it?
My favourite cinema is La Cinémathèque in Luxembourg City because of its old-school style, decoration and movies.
13. Where do you like to watch movies and on which platform (DVD, online, cinema, mobile phone, etc.)?
Of course I enjoy films in the cinema the most!
14. Who is your movie hero?
It’s Indiana Jones – since my childhood.
15. If you were a movie director which one would you like to be?
Why would I throw away individuality and choose to be someone I am not?
16. Briefly describe your favourite scene
The Big Kahuna Burger Scene in Pulp Fiction by Quentin Tarantino, where Samuel L. Jackson’s character does his famous monologue before shooting his opponent.
17. What are the 5 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Land of Mine (Martin Zandvliet, 2015) DK
Belle de Jour (Luis Buñuel, 1967) FR
Metropolis (Fritz Lang, 1927) DE
Lumea e a mea (Nicolae Constantin Tanase, 2015) RO
Les Intouchables (Olivier Nakache, Eric Toledano, 2011) FR
18. Which is the film character that you most identify with?
Now it’s very hard to choose. In my childhood days it was Harry Potter.
19. Your favourite soundtrack or song?
The Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen or any soundtrack by John Wiliams.
20. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
I would love to live in the Hobbit town from The Lord of The Rings.
21. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Oscar Isaac maybe?
22. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to speak and read in every language.
23. What is your most treasured possession?
To be honest, my family.
24. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting my diploma in piano.
25. What is your motto?
“Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.” – Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life by Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam.