Cinema for me is…
Maya in 11 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Grand Budapest Hotel directed by Wes Anderson (US, 2014).
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Triangle of Sadness (Ruben Östlund, SE, 2022)
Apolina, Apolina (Lea Glob, DK, 2022)
Close (Lukas Dhont, BE, 2022)
3. What does Europe mean to you?
4. In 2024, I think it is important to vote in the European elections because:
You have got to make your voice heard!
5. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
I love our concept of “hygge”.
6. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Grand Teatret is without a doubt my favorite film theatre in Denmark. It is such a gorgeous theatre that really enhances the experience of going to the cinema. They also make an amazing ice coffee (that you can enjoy in- or outside the theatre!)
7. What is your dream job in the film industry?
Being a director!
8. Which film director would you like to be?
One of my favourite film directors is David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, …). I love how he, along with directors such as Wes Anderson (The Grand Budapest Hotel, The French Dispatch, …), has created such a specific vibe, look and recognizable feel to his films. I would love to be one of those directors where you can choose almost any frame of their film and be like “oh yeah, that’s a …. film!”
9. Which film character do you most identify with?
Therese from Carol (Todd Haynes, US, 2015) – We’ve got the same bangs and are both in love with Cate Blanchett.
10. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Obsessed with everything by Nicholas Britell. Love the Succession soundtrack. You can also never go wrong with the Twin Peaks soundtrack on foggy days in autumn.
11. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Probably Dazed and Confused (Richard Linklater, US, 1993) or Desert Hearts (Donna Deitch, US, 1985). Love the 70’s aesthetic, but I also can’t resist cowboy boots and a cold coke in the Nevada sun.