Cinema for me is…
Ana Marija in 10 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Call Me By Your Name.
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Worst Person in the World, Monday, Another Round.
3. What does Europe mean to you?
In short – home. But more importantly a sense – one of homeliness.
4. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
Even though it’s one of the smallest ones in Europe it’s very rich in its flora and fauna – it stretches from Adriatic coast to Alpine mountains and Dinaric Karst to lowlands of Prekmurje.
5. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
I love Kinodvor in Ljubljana, because it has gorgeous architecture and immense attention to detail. Though above all, it’s where I first got seriously involved with film and learned a lot about it, so it holds fond memories and is always a place I can’t wait to return to.
6. What is your dream job in the film industry?
7. Which film director would you like to be?
A combination of Mike Mills, Greta Gerwig and Richard Linklater.
8. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jo from Little Women.
9. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
My favorite soundtrack is from Beautiful Boy (2019), but my favorite song at the moment would be Can I Sleep in Your Brain by Ezra Furman.
10. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
High School Musical.