Cinema for me is…
Saulė in 10 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The love for cinema was born the first time I have crossed my eyes with the cinematic poetry of Jean Cocteau’s Le Sang d’un poète.
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Woman and the Glacier by Audrius Stonys
There Will Be No More Night by Éléonore Weber
Taming the Garden by Salomé Jashi.
3. What does Europe mean to you?
Europe is a sense of collectivity among unique individuality.
4. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
Eating cucumbers with honey amid the warm summer days, while hiding in a shadow of your grandma’s apple tree.
5. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Skalvija – this cozy petite theatre is like a gateway that allows you to indulge into the film and live the most vivid experiences together with it.
6. What is your dream job in the film industry?
The dreamer of alter-universes.
7. Which film director would you like to be?
I would die to live a life and feel the world the way Jonas Mekas – the god of the avant-garde documentary cinema – did.
8. Which film character do you most identify with?
Mathilda Lando played by Natalie Portman from Léon: The Professional by Luc Besson.
9. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Any soundtrack that emerges from the collaboration of Angelo Badalamenti with David Lynch.
10. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
I could live forever in the mysticality and joy of The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky.