Cinemas for me is…
Axel 10 frames
1. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
“The Best of Youth” (2003)
2. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The worst person in the world
Compartment number 6
Quo Vadis Aida
3. What does Europe mean to you?
In my life, I experience Europe every day. I was born in Belgium but my parents are Swedish and Italian, and I study in Dublin. Thanks to the EU, I can feel free and welcomed in all of these countries.
4. What do you like the most about your country that makes it unique?
I think the thing that makes Sweden unique is its nature, and the appreciation of nature by the Swedish people. I like that we have celebrations that revolve around being outdoors, like Midsommar.
5. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
My favourite film theatre is Cinema Palace in Brussels. My favourite thing about it is the architecture, both inside and outside. The building is from the early 1900s and has a beautiful facade. When you walk in you see an incredibly modern cinema with tall ceilings and bright lighting. They combine an exhibition area with the box office, which I love. Cinema Palace also shows great films, which is a fundamental part to the identity of a cinema.
6. What is your dream job in the film industry? My dream job in the film industry is the film director position. Sometimes when I walk outside I imagine I’m in a movie, and that I choose what to film and how to film it. I think choosing the angles and shoots has can have a huge influence on the final result of the film, and I’d like to be in charge of that.
7. Which film director would you like to be?
8. Which film character do you most identify with?
Julie from Worst Person in the world
9. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
My favourite original soundtrack is the Call me By Your Name Soundtrack.
10. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?