Cinema for me is…
Lev in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Listening, reevaluating, caring, principled, open-minded, patient, bit random sometimes, trying.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Patient.
Worst habit: Procrastination.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The summer heat of cycling through the city.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Potica with tarragon.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Greva”, it means “we’re going”, but in dual which I find beautiful.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Simple: liberté, égalité, fraternité (liberty, equality, fraternity).
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton, Henry Selick, 1993, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Either Kinodvor or Kinoteka in Ljubljana. The first is a homey with new films, the second is smoky with old ones.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
She has just moved up the train carriage, because of a fighting couple. She continues to read a book. A man across the aisle from her is also reading. They slowly start to glimpse at each other. The angry couple storms past. The young travelers make eye contact of confusion and awkwardness of the situation, both theirs and the angry couple’s.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
You Were Never Really Here (Lynne Ramsay, 2017, GB)
Malchik russkiy (Aleksander Zołotuchin, 2019, RU)
Josep (Aurel, 2020, FR)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Jesse from Before Sunrise (Richard Linklater, 1995, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
“The Stairs” by Family of the Year.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no Tani no Naushika, 1984, JP).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Lucas Jade Zumann.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
A DVD of Djibril Diop Mambéty’s La Petite Vendeuse de Soleil (1999, SN) that Mark Cousins sent me.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Moving abroad to study and building up a new life.
23. What is your motto?
I don’t know, but then again, nobody does, it’s all pretend, just breathe…