Cinema for me is…
Jonáš in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I am always ready to explore the world around me.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Responsibility. Nails biting.
3. Your dream job?
Programme manager at a film festival.
4. What do you like most about your country?
We are not taking ourselves too seriously.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Schnitzel with potato salad on Christmas Eve.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Mám to na saláme. I have it on salami. It means I don’t care.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Culture, openness, diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Killing of a Sacred Deer (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2017, GR).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Lumière Cinema in Bratislava. There are always great films to watch with an amazing ambience of a small-scale art-house cinema.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Whatever character Matti Pellonpää plays in Kaurismäki’s films.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
I used my favourite scene in my video. It is from Yorgos Lanthimos’s Kynodontas from 2009 (GR), where the two sisters and their brother perform a music-dance performance for their parents. It represents everything I love about cinema. Unique atmosphere, originality, eerie characters.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Babardeala cu bucluc sau porno balamuc (Radu Jude, 2021, RO)
Druk (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020, DK)
La Voz Humana (Pedro Almodóvar, 2020, ES)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Toni Servillo’s role of Jep Gambardella in La grande bellezza (Paolo Sorrentino, 2013, IT).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Rammstein – Deutschland.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Clerks (Kevin Smith, 1994, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Speak fluently several languages.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
A lighter with the logo of my favourite bar made by my friend.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To be able to participate in this project!
23. What is your motto?
It will be as it should be.