Cinema for me is…
Emma in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Weird, curious, overly sensitive and a bit mystical girl who loves donuts.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Adaptability.
Worst habit: Being messy.
3. Your dream job?
Director of photography or independent filmmaker.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Amalfi Coast, where I spend the summer.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My grandmother’s eggplant parmigiana + pizza in general.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Luccichio” which means “twinkle” because it reminds me of the sea, of the look in someone’s eyes…
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I haven’t been out of Italy for almost two years now because of Covid-19.
Before that, the last capital I’ve been to would probably be Paris, my favorite city in Europe.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Mmmh, probably Hugo Cabret (Martin Scorsese, 2011, US). I watched it at the movie theatre when I was 12.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
I don’t have a favorite; I like small ones where you can find an intimate atmosphere and there’s a bit of history to discover.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Molly (Meryl Streep) in Falling in love (Ulu Grosbard, 1984, US).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The ending of Lost in Translation: two people in the middle of a city in a foreign country who changed each other lives and say goodbye in a truly intimate way.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Father (Florian Zeller, 2020, GB)
Babardeala cu bucluc sau porno balamuc (Radu Jude, 2021, RO)
Petite fille (Sébastien Lifshitz, 2020, FR)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Delphine in Le rayon vert by Eric Rohmer (1986, FR).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
In the mood for love soundtrack (Wong Kar-Wai, 2000, HK).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Howl’s moving castle (Hayao Miyazaki, 2004, JP).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Eva Green or Romy Schneider.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Be good at singing, because I am pretty off-key.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Understanding who I really am and what I want to do in my life and respecting it.
23. What is your motto?
“What is meant for you will find you, no matter what”.