Cinema for me is…
Manon in 23 frames
- Describe yourself in ten words.
Ambitious, full of life, optimistic, life lover, passionate, smiley, dreamer.
- Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: My motivation.
Worst habit: I can sometimes be a little too organised.
- Your dream job?
- What do you like most about your country?
- Your favorite dish in your country?
A type of bread stuffed with cheese and olives called “fougasse”.
- Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Il faut consumer du vivant.
Meaning: We always have to enjoy real life, interact with people and disconnect a bit from technology.
- What European capital have you visited lately?
- Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
- What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Culture, supranationalism, exchange.
- What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Les enfants du paradis (Marcel Carné, 1945, FR).
- Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Jean Eustache (Pessac), as it is a small cinema which annually organizes the international film festival of history where I am going since almost 10 years. More particularly, in Jean Eustache, there is one very small film theater with a balcony where spectators sink into the seats and where I have always been seduced by the films I saw.
- Who is your movie hero?
- Which movie director would you like to be?
Wes Anderson as each of his film is very similar to a family meeting.
- Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Divines (Houda Benyamina, 2016, FR), when Dounia meets a rich gangster to rob him instead of going to support a friend for his dancing show, the gangster finds out and beats her. Each movement is synchronized with the dance in the theatre, white dust from the stage contrasts with dark blood of her face. Dounia fights back and defeats the gangster, she finally finds the money in a trapdoor under the bath, when she opens it, the money falls on her.
- What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Slalom (Charlène Favier, 2020, FR)
Boże Ciało (Jan Komasa, 2020, PL)
Petite Fille (Sébastien Lifshitz, 2020, FR)
- Which film character do you most identify with?
- Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Euphoria “When I RIP” (serie).
- If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Last Airbender (M. Night Shyamalan, 2010, US), not for the film for sure (the anime is way more interesting) but for the universe itself.
- Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Priyanka Chopra (let’s dream…).
- Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to fly I guess? And rationally, being able to sing well.
- What is your most treasured possession?
I guess my cuddly toy?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Succeeding to enter my school in first year, right after high school after passing the exam.
- What is your motto?
“No regrets, only remorse.”