Cinema for me is…
Rebeka in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Animation student, who just wants to learn how to juggle.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Goodwill.
Worst habit: Taking too many (and lengthy) naps.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The 10 000 year old bogs, which are the most mystical and tranquil places in the world.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Black rye bread (preferably roasted and with some fresh wild garlic butter).
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Kuuuurijad tööööl jäääärel” – lunar researchers at work on the edge of the ice during the
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Copenhagen, the capital of hygge.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
France, so I could have my idyllic apartment in the attic with slanted ceilings and a bakery
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Bunch of history, mixed with folklore and a spice of dark humour.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Nipernaadi (Kaljo Kiisk, 1983, EE).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Sõprus in Tallinn’s old town, because of the stunning old Soviet building.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Coraline in Coraline (Henry Selick, 2009, US).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
At the end of Ezik v tumane (Yuri Norstein, 1975, RU), when hedgehog finally finds his way
back to the bear after a treacherous travel. The overwhelmed bear just can’t stop talking, but
the only thing the hedgehog could think about was how wonderful it is that they are back
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Om det oändliga (Roy Andersson, 2020, SE)
Andrey Rublyov (Andrei Tarkovski, 1969, RU)
Põrgu (Rein Raamat, 1983, RU)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Frances played by Greta Gerwig in Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach, 2013, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Anything by Joni Mitchell.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Loving Vincent (Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman, 2017, PL), just because I would love to live
inside an oil painting.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Adam Driver in a wig.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Stunning chess skill, so I could earn the Grandmaster title.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My dad’s old vinyl collection.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Perfecting my banana bread recipe to ideal.
23. What is your motto?
Coined by my good friend Kirke “Naljakas, naljakas, naljakas.” meaning funny, funny… funny.