Cinema for me is…
Eliška in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Creative, kind, funny, musician, scout, coffee lover, occasional traveler, cinema visitor.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: I am super creative.
Worst habit: I am not so patient.
3. Your dream job?
Winemaker in Tuscana.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The nature and Czech humor.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Vidím velký špatný – it is a viral sentence by one Czech fortune teller. And it means “I see something really bad”.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
It is hard to pick one, but Poland is interesting.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Home, many different cultures, easy border crossing.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Až přijde kocour (When the Cat Comes) (Vojtech Jasný, 1963, CZ).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Scala in Brno- Old film theatre with special genius loci, big screen, and good beer.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Babe the pig.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
In the final scene of Druk (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020, DK) the character of Martin finally decided to show his jazz ballet moves. He is dancing in the crowd of drinking students and in the background, we can hear the song “What a Life”.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Druk (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020, DK)
Služobníci (Ivan Ostrochovský, 2020, SK)
Boże Ciało (Jan Komasa, 2019, PL)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
“What A Life” from the movie Druk (Thomas Vinterberg, 2020, DK).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen, 2011, US) – but just in the period of 20s.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
To be able to write with both hands at the same time.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My memories .
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To be in Venice on the film festival (hopefully).
23. What is your motto?
I do not have any motto.