Cinema for me is…
Aleksandra in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
My name is Aleksandra. I adore cinema, fashion and food.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality? I believe I am quite open. Worst habit? I spend too much money on food.
3. Your dream job?
Fashion brand manager/editorial director.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The fact that it is my home.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Pierogi, all of them.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
I know it is pretty cheesy but my favorite word is simply “kochać” which means “to love”.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
The Netherlands and France.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Opportunities. Friendship. Diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Bagdad café (Percy Adlon, 1988, DE).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino pod Baranami and Mikro because they are both small and cozy.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Quentin Tarnatino, in order to experience what is going on in his head 24/7.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky, 2012, US).
When Charlie asks the professor “Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date” and the teachers answers “Well, we accept the love we think we deserve. ”
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Corpus Christi (Jan Komasa, 2019, PL)
God Exists, Her Name Is Petrunija (Teona Strugar Mitevska, 2019, MK)
Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (Céline Sciamma, 2019, FR).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada (David Frankel, 2006, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Whole soundtrack from Baby Driver (Edgar Wright, 2017, US) and from the TV series Big Little Lies.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Devil Wears Prada (David Frankel, 2006, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Young Uma Thurman.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Ability to teleport for free.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
Analogue camera, my parents bought in the 90s and gave it to me.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
The fact that I was chosen to go to Venice.
23. What is your motto?
“There is nothing worst than being ordinary” [American Beauty (
Sam Mendes, 1999, US)].