Cinema for me is…
Beata in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Partially serious film student, partially unapologetic lover of a lot of
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
My best qualities are eloquence and managing skills, worst is probably my indolence.
3. Your dream job?
Head of programme department at some big film festival.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Nuances of the language, the weather, Miroslav Ondříček and dumplings.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Roasted duck with dumplings and sauerkraut.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Dostat čočku” translated as the person got some lentil, meaning somebody got a pretty harsh scolding.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Ireland or Northern Ireland.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Empathy, solidarity, diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Roman holiday (William Wyler, 1953, US)
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Bio Oko, the seats there are so cool, there is an old car, old tattoo or dentist chair.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
In the ending scene of Fight Club (David Fincher, 1999, US) the narrator with Marla holding hands, they are watching the buildings tearing down with the sound of Pixies’ “Where is my mind“.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Chiamami col tuo nome (Luca Guadagnino, 2017, IT)
Všechno bude (Olmo Omerzu, 2018, CZ)
Twarz (Malgorzata Szumowska, 2018, PL)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Cecilia Tallis from Atonement (Joe Wright, 2007, UK)
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Soundtrack from Hair (Miloš Forman, 1979, US)
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Seksmisja (Juliuzs Machulski, 1984).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Ability to learn a language in a short amount of time.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
I won’t tell you, it’s my secret.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting accepted to Famu and pursuing my dream.
23. What is your motto?
“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” modified by my friends into “what doesn’t kill you, cripples you”.