Cinema for me is…
Camila in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
A small piece of earth, looking to unravel the universe.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
I’m a dreamer. I’m also a smoker.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Saudades”. It is a unique word to describe the feeling of nostalgia one gets when they miss something very much.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Equality, Unity, Diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Lion King ( Roger Allers / Rob Minkoff, 1994, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Cinema Trindade. It is central, comfortable, and has a great selection of films chosen by people concerned with their audience’s interests and wishes.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Hiroshima, Mon Amour (Alain Resnais, 1959, FR).
The film opens with what might be considered the most wonderful opening scene ever made. The first sequence, that antecedes the magnificent voice-over declaiming of Duras’ script, is a perfect epitome of what is to come. The ashes-covered bodies giving way to glittering ones, which fade into a raw display of passionate embracing, portray nothing but the close association of love and despair that will ultimately outline the whole film.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017, SE)
Lady Macbeth (William Oldroyd, 2016, GB)
Drvo (André Gil Mata, 2018, PT).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Pina in Roma, Città Aperta (Roberto Rossellini, 1945, IT).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, 1988, IT) – Ennio Moricone.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Any Antonioni’s movie.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Maria de Medeiros.
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement is being able to step out of my comfort zone.
23. What is your motto?
“I can fit in there. You wanna know why? Because I’m little” (Fantastic Mr. Fox, Wes Anderson, 2009, US).