Cinema for me is…
Hanna in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Socially awkward, potentially funny and “Oh God, I am bad at math.”
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Worst? Procrastinates way too much.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
The fact that I miss it when I’m abroad.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
No – it basically means “yeah”, but from the way you say it, it might also mean “maybe”, or “duh”, or “umm”.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Freedom, unity, modernity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
It must be Back to the Future (Robert Zemeckis, 1985, US). I’ve seen this movie countless of times when I was a kid, and I think I can still quote it.
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Nowe Horyzonty in Wroclaw. This place just have an incredible spirit. No way to describe it, visiting is a must.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Imperator Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller, 2015, AU).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Paris. Cinema foyer full of Nazi officers attending a premiere. Right in the middle of the crowd, stands a famous German actress and three American soldiers perfectly disguised as Italian filmmakers. But then, Colonel Hans Landa approaches the group, and the Tennessee accent has never been thicker. Arrivederci! Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009, US).
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
In the Fade (Fatih Akin, 2017, DE)
The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017, SE)
Cold War (Pawel Pawlikowski, 2018, PL).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Skeeter from the Help (Tate Taylor, 2011, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Peter Jackson, 2001, US) soundtrack and the song “Glory” from Selma (Ava DuVernay, 2014, US).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Ang Lee, 2000, TW).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Speaking all languages fluently.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
I don’t possess him. My dog is my friend.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Right now, this.
23. What is your motto?
Don’t let one sentence define you.