Cinema for me is…
Yassen in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Emotional person, who always wants to see people’s happy faces.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Loyal. I love eating chocolate.
3. Your dream job?
A professional actor-traveller. (Hint: There is no such a job)
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Гладна мечка хоро не играе! Hungry bear doesn’t dance! (There is no chance of doing anything when you are hungry. Yes – I love food.)
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Networking. Integrity. Possibilities.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
House of Cinema in Sofia – cozy and the seats are incredibly comfortable. There is the smell of the industry in it.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Well, not surprisingly – Quentin Tarantino.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
La La Land (Damien Chazelle, 2016, US) – Ending scene.
In this scene we see the two main characters after a while after their painful split-up. Mia’s dream has already become true – she is a young actress in Hollywood. Sebastian has his own club, which was his dream. Mia is with her husband there. Sebastian sees her and decides to play on the piano their favorite melody from the past, which provokes unbearable emotions. On its background we see how their lives would have looked like, if they decided to stay together. But does it matter now?”
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Loveless (Andrey Zvyagintsev, 2017, RU)
The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017, SE)
The Other Side of Hope (Aki Kaurismäki, 2017, FI)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
With the belgium king from King of the Belgians (Peter Brosens / Jessica Woodworth, 2016, BE).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack from The theory of everything (James Marsh, 2014, GB).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The pianist (Roman Polanski, 2002, EU).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Singing (because shower baths have feelings too).
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Becoming part of this jury!
23. What is your motto?
Try until you find yourself!
Yassen Atanassov is the Ambassador of Dom na Kinoto. Find out more about the Cinema here.