Cinema for me is…
Karla in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Stubborn. Kind. Sarcastic. Tired. Diligent. Responsible. Smiling. Ambitious. Witty. Proud.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Best quality: Persistence
Worst habit: Overthinking.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
It’s still Europe’s best kept secret.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Falafel from a little falafel place near my house.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“čudovito” (the Slovenian word for wonderful)
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
In the mood for love (Wong Kar-Wai, 2000, HK)
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kinoteka. It only plays old movies.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Shoshanna from Inglourious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009, US). She kills Nazis and owns a cinema.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
Sofia Coppola. Quentin Tarantino.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Bande à part (Jean-Luc Godard, 1964, FR). Where the three main characters try to break the world’s record for running through Louvre.Reservoir dogs (Quentin Tarantino, 1992, US). One of the opening dialogs about tipping waitresses.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
All these sleepless nights (Michal Marczak, 2016), PL
Houston, we have a problem! (Ziga Virc, 2016), SI
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2015), DE.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Charlotte from Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Yumeyi’s theme, In the mood for love.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
La Grande Bellezza (Paolo Sorrentino, 2013, IT)
Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen, 2011, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Time managing skills.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My grandma’s engagement ring, which I got for finishing high school.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Once I woke up at seven a.m.
23. What is your motto?
You cannot find peace by avoiding life. (The Hours)