Cinema for me is…
Ronja in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Creative producer student who loves adventures both on – and off – screen.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Being precise. Being too precise.
3. Your dream job?
A producer in an international project or a travel photographer.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The night less nights during midsummer.
5. Your favourite dish in your country?
Salt-cured salmon (graavilohi) with Scandinavian rye and malt bread (saaristolaisleipä).
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Kaipaus (longing) sounds beautiful.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Berlin, where I’m going to be an exchange student this autumn!
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
There are many, but maybe Ireland.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Co-operation, community, free mobility.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Miyazaki animations as a child.
11. Your favourite film theatre? What do you like about it?
My home cinema Kino Tapiola. The cosy double seats in the back.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favourite scene.
This isn’t actually a scene from a film but from the Norwegian series Skam, because I found it very moving when I saw it recently.
A teenage Muslim girl sits by a table on a high school yard with ten blonde girls sitting in front of her, staring at her. She keeps calling her friend on her phone but there’s no answer. All hope is lost and she’s sure her friends are still mad at her and aren’t coming. Then a rap song starts playing. Everyone turns around to see an old van drive to the schoolyard. It has a text “the biggest losers in school” written on its side. Her friends wave from the van and the Muslim girl runs to them. The blonde girls stare in dismay when the van drives away.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Victoria (Sebastian Schipper, 2015), DE,
Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016), DE,
Tom of Finland (Dome Karukoski, 2017), FI.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter).
17. Your favourite soundtrack or song?
Moulin Rouge! (Baz Luhrmann, 2001, US) soundtrack
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Harry Potter films
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
A Finnish actress Krista Kosonen
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
The skill to read people (not their minds but behaviour)
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My friends and family
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Working persistently towards my dreams and making them come true.
23. What is your motto?
Believe in yourself, and good things will come.