Cinema for me is…
Lukas in 23 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
Cinema, Books, Stories, live life, meet new people, love Europe.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
I´m a good listener but I talk to much.
3. Your dream job?
Screenwriter and Director.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The diversity of cultures and languages.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Jud mat Gardenbounen (Beans and bacon).
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Bonzen ennen, Bonzen Uewen (feet up, feet down).
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
England or Moldova.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Freedom, Unity, Diversity.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Atonement (Joe Wright, 2007, GB).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The Cinematheque in Luxembourg City because they only show a divers collection of classic and Art-house films.
12. Who is your movie hero?
The young Jean-Luc Godard.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
A young Christopher Nolan with a slice of François Truffaut.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Trainspotting by Danny Boyle (stealing the money)
Renton awakes in the hotel room.He stands up and goes to the bathroom where he looks into the mirror and drinks a glass of water. He re-enters the room and slowly takes the case of money out of Sick Boys sleeping arm. Renton goes to the door. He looks back and sees Spuk who is a wake. Spuk is slowly shaking his head, Renton looks at him, nodes and leaves the hotel room.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Mustang (Deniz Gamze Ergüven, 2015), FR
The Lobster (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2015), GR
Victoria (Sebastian Schipper, 2015), DE.
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Rick Blaine from Casablanca (Michael Curtiz, 1943, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
All soundtracks from Terick Malicks movies.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
In Paris of “Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain” or any other movie world from Jean-Pierre Jeunet
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
To play piano and time-travel.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My memories captured on Polaroid.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
The first time someone cried while watching one of my short-films.
23. What is your motto?
Seize the moment and make every frame a painting.