Cinema for me is…
Kamil in 25 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words
Cheerful optimist who loves people and likes to sleep late.
2. What are your 3 best qualities and your 3 worst habits?
3 best qualities: creative, hard-working, frank
3 worst habits: lazy, stubborn, and impatient.
3. What is your dream job?
Running a pub full of cool people.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Food, people and music.
5. What is your favorite dish in your country?
Żurek (sour rye soup with sausage and boiled egg) #DELICIOUS
6. What is the word or the expression in your native language that you like the most and what does it mean?
“kuźwa” : This word is indecent, but it fits perfectly when you smash your pinky toe into table or you miss the bus.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe means to you?
Family. With all its problems, but also with a sense of unity and support.
10. What are the European values that you share?
All of them, I think.
11. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
The Lion King.
12. What is your favorite cinema theatre and what do you like about it?
Kino Pod Baranami in Krakow. It’s an art-house cinema located in a palace from sixteenth century.
13. Where do you like to watch movies and on which platform (DVD, online, cinema, mobile phone, etc.)?
14. Who is your movie hero?
Guido Orefice from La vita è bella by Roberto Benigni.
15. If you were a movie director which one would you like to be?
16. Briefly describe your favorite scene
It is her room. She’s playing one of her vinyl. It’s “Death” by White Lies. He is standing behind her, than he’s coming closer and closer to her neck. She feels him and she’s turning around very, very, VERY slowly… A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night by Ana Lily Amirpour
17. What are the 5 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Son of Saul (László Nemes, 2015) HU
Belgica (Felix van Groeningen, 2016) BE
Mustang (Deniz Gamze Ergüven, 2015) FR
Things to come (Mia Hansen-Løve, 2016) FR
45 years (Andrew Haigh, 2015) GB
18. Which is the film character that you most identify with?
I’m still wondering.
19. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack from A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night by Ana Lily Amirpour.
20. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Guardians of the Galaxy by James Gunn
21. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
I’m afraid Jonah Hill will match.
22. Which talent would you most like to have?
23. What is your most treasured possession?
24. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I grew tomatoes on my balcony. BY MYSELF!
25. What is your motto?