Cinema for me is…
Bianca in 25 frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words
I ‘m a pit of sparking ideas that sometimes catches fire.
2. What are your 3 best qualities and your 3 worst habits?
I’m quite creative and tend to get random huge bursts of ideas, I’m also very honest and when I care about someone or something I just put my whole heart into it. As for my flaws, I’m constantly late no matter how hard I try, I tend to get lost in the process of pursuing my creativity and get emotionally hurt by others too easily.
3. What is your dream job?
Be an astronaut and explore other planets.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Our incredible cultural and artistic heritage. I’m constantly blown away by the richness of our past.
5. What is your favourite dish in your country?
Pizza no doubt.
6. What is the word or the expression in your native language that you like the most and what does it mean?
“Daje!” it’s roman slang and it is used with tons of different meanings, from ‘hurry up’ to ‘come on’ to a simple ‘ok’ or as an expression that can be used in between a conversation to reinforce the meaning of what you’re saying
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I haven’t travelled much in the last year due to university and, as of late, working; the most recent trip I took was to Amsterdam in August 2015.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
Ireland, because I’m simply in love with their landscape, culture and people.
9. What does Europe mean to you?
It means to be part of a community whose individuals have the task to support each other and to share their cultures, to create things and ideas with more than just one point of view.
10. What are the European values that you share?
Cooperation, respect for all cultures, promoting intercultural exchange.
11. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
It’s hard to recall a single film since there are so many I love. However if I’m to pick the one who made me conscious about the unique nature of cinema it’s definitely Mulholland Drive by David Lynch.
12. What is your favourite cinema theatre and what do you like about it?
The Stensen Institute is a cultural foundation very close to my home in Firenze. Among lectures and other initiatives they run a small cinema which focuses both on classics as well as new independent and small distribution films. They often invite directors and actors to talk about the films and other interesting topics. I like it because it’s very nice to connect on a closer level with those who “live” cinema in the first place.
13. Where do you like to watch movies and on which platform (DVD, online, cinema, mobile phone, etc.)?
I mostly watch movies on my pc, but try to go to movie theatres as much as I can.
14. Who is your movie hero?
The man with no name of Leone’s Dollar Trilogy
15. If you were a movie director which one would you like to be?
Tough question, I’d have to pick between Lynch, Kubrick and Tarantino but I just love them all equally.
16. Briefly describe your favourite scene
In Carol by Todd Haynes there is a particular moment in which Therese and Carol meet each other for the first time at Frankenberg’s shopping center. There is very little dialogue but I just love the way their eyes speak so much, I like seeing love being transmitted by non-verbal means, it’s as close to magic as I will ever see in real life..
17. What are the 5 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Youth (Paolo Sorrentino, 2015) IT
Ex Machina (Alex Garland, 2015) GB
La Pazza Gioia (Paolo Virzì, 2016) IT
A Pigeon sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (Roy Andersson, 2014) SE
Love (Gaspar Noe, 2015) FR
18. Which is the film character that you most identify with?
I was very fascinated by Interstellar’s engineer/pilot/space pioneer Cooper. He symbolizes that part of mankind who chooses to explore and go beyond simple survival.
19. What is your favourite soundtrack or song?
Alone in Kyoto by AIR as featured in Sofia Coppola’s Lost in Translation, but I love all of Hans Zimmer’s soundtracks as well.
20. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Something very sci-fi like Star Wars, for the sake of spaceships, strange new planets, lightsabers and other cool things
21. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
Rooney Mara. It might sound a bit silly but I’ve been watching a lot of interviews with her and, aside from being a superb actress whom I deeply admire and respect, I feel like we have a similar introverted personality that she would effortlessly portray.
22. Which talent would you most like to have?
I’d love to be skilled in theoretical physics and other hardcore science subjects.
23. What is your most treasured possession?
All my drawings and sketchbooks.
24. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being selected for this year’s 28 Times Cinema was quite an achievement, but I’m very young so I have time to strive for even greater things.
25. What is your motto?
To quote Stanley Kubrick “however vast the darkness, we must supply our own light”
Bianca is the Ambassador of Cinema Stensen. Find out more about the cinema here.