Cinema for me is…
Henri in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I’m observant, curious, open-minded, distant, tolerant, honest, sarcastic, consistent, loyal, adept.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
My best quality is my curiosity . My worst habit is smoking.
3. Your dream job?
My dream job is to be a director.
4. What do you like most about your country?
The nature is my favourite thing about Estonia.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
My favourite dish in my country is flounder.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Jäääär” which means the edge of ice.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
France or Italy.
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Acceptance, freedom to travel, communication.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Trainspotting (Danny Boyle, 1996, GB).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Kino Sõprus, I like the history it embodies.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Theodore from Her (Spike Jonze, 2013, US) is a character I relate to in many ways.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The iconic dance scene in Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994, US) is one that comes to mind.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Gräns (Ali Abbasi, 2018, DK)
Zimna wojna (Pawel Pawlikowski, 2018, PL)
Climax (Gaspar Noe, 2018, FR)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
“Love Will Tear Us Apart”.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Avatar (James Cameron, 2009, US) would be interesting.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to be able to speak a lot of languages.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I created a podcast with my friend working with Jazzkaar music festival, which I’m proud of.
23. What is your motto?
„Le temps détruit tout“ (Time destroys all things).