Cinema for me is…
Yvonne in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
An artist who is dedicated to the world of art.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Probably a Rogan Josh curry, which isn’t even English.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
There’s a slang term: Quay. Which means very very far away.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
Paris, 2 years ago.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Art, History, Togetherness.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Gladiator (Ridley Scott, 2000, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Everyman Screen on The Green. It has sofas so you can lounge and cuddle and they have a wide array of classic and current film screenings.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Woody from Toy Story (John Lasseter, 1995, US).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
In Crazy, Stupid, Love (Glenn Ficarra, John Requa, 2011, US) Ryan Gosling walks into Steven Carrell’s Garden with Emma Stone and we realise that Emma is Steve’s Daughter and all hell breaks loose. I laughed so hard every time I see it.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Carmen y Lola (Arantxa Echevarria, 2018, ES)
The Favourite (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2018, GB)
Sicilian Ghost Story (Fabio Grassadonia, Antonio Piazza, 2017, IT)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Seth Rogan’s Kyle in 50/50 (Jonathan Levine, 2011, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
I really love Hans Zimmer’s Soundtrack in Widows (Steve McQueen, 2018, US).
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Hayao Miyazaki, 2001, JP).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to paint well.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Surviving being homeless.
23. What is your motto?
Never stop learning.