Cinema for me is…
Amanda in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I am a creative girl from Stockholm who loves film.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
My best quality is that I rarely get stressed. My worst habit is that I bite my nails when I’m stressed.
3. Your dream job?
Anything in film really.
4. What do you like most about your country?
That my family and three dogs live here.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
It’s called Biff Rydberg and its diced potatoes, onion and steak. It’s the best!
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Skärgård is my favorite word and it means archipelago.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
I went to Rome last summer.
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Culture, adventure, and community.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
I was thirteen and the movie was Fight Club (David Fincher, 1999, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
Bio Capitol, because it has a good variety in movies (old and new) as well as amazing food and cozy atmosphere.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Uma Thurman’s “The Bride” in Kill Bill (Quentin Tarantiono, 2003, US) is pretty badass.
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
The ending in Fight Club (David Fincher, 1999, US), but I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t seen it.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Dronningen (May el-Toukhy, 2018, DK)
Gräns (Ali Abbasi, 2018, DK)
Varda par Agnès (Agnès Varda, 2019,FR)
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Louise from Thelma & Louise (Ridley Scott, 1991, US)
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
The soundtrack to Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003, US) is a masterpiece!
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Ever since I was a kid it’s been Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Tim Burton, 2005, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to play an instrument.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
My DVD collection.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Living abroad for a year on my own.
23. What is your motto?
Don’t overthink it.