Cinema for me is…
Jeff in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I am a human being living on the planet earth.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Friendly, too friendly with time.
3. Your dream job?
Titledesigner with an studio in the Bermudas.
4. What do you like most about your country?
Pretty small and family like but you can always discover something new.
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
Kniddelen mat Speck.
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
“Ech sinn feckeresch, ech wëll Buppen“. “I‘m nervous, I want potatoes“.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Freedom, No Borders, Togetherness.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Under The Skin (Jonathan Glazer, 2013, GB).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
„Cinematheik“ in Luxembourg City – Old beautiful theatre with an amazing program.
12. Who is your movie hero?
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
A mixture between Yorgos Lanthimos and Taika Waititi.
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
Mullholland Drive (David Lynch, 2001, US).
The two professional killers getting closer to the trashyard where one of them saw the most terrifying thing. The suspense in that scene seems obvious but is executed so amazing by the actors and the director.
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
The Square (Ruben Östlund, 2017, SE)
The Killing of a Sacred Deer (Yorgos Lanthimos, 2017, GR)
Raw (Julia Ducournau, 2016, FR).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Donny in The Big Lebowski (Joel & Ethan Coen, 1998, US).
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Moviewise – Little Green Bag by the George Baker Selection and the score for Jackie (Pablo Larraín, 2013, US) by Mica Levi.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
Star Wars. Nothing beats that childhood fantasy.
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
21. What is your most treasured possession?
A healthy mind.
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
None, there‘s always something else to do!
23. What is your motto?
Find the golden middle way.