Cinema for me is…
András in 23 Frames
1. Describe yourself in ten words.
I’m a just escaped jizzy jazzy space cowboy movie-cat-kid.
2. Your best quality? Your worst habit?
Being unpredictable. Being unpredictable.
3. Your dream job?
4. What do you like most about your country?
5. Your favorite dish in your country?
6. Which word or phrase in your native language do you like the most and what does it mean?
Ficak means a corner, a small hidden place.
7. What European capital have you visited lately?
8. Other than your own, which European country would you love to live in?
9. What does Europe mean to you? 3 values.
Art, culture, variety.
10. What film made you fall in love with cinema?
Fight Club (David Fincher, 1999, US).
11. Your favorite film theatre? What do you like about it?
The film theatre of Balatonfüred. Because it is small but well equipped and there is always just a few people in there.
12. Who is your movie hero?
Maciek (Ashes and Diamonds, Andrzej Wajda, 1958, PL).
13. Which movie director would you like to be?
14. Briefly describe your favorite scene.
A crazy guy climbs a tree, shouts ‘I want a woman’ and throws fruit at people. Amarcord (Federico Fellini, 1973, IT).
15. What are the 3 best European films you have seen in the last year?
Jules and Jim (François Truffaut, 1962, FR)
The Five Obstructions (Jørgen Leth / Lars von Trier, 2003, DK)
Accattone (Pier Paolo Pasolini, 1961, IT).
16. Which film character do you most identify with?
Antoine (Les quatre cents coups, François Truffaut, 1959, FR)
17. Your favorite soundtrack or song?
Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Thought Ballune.
18. If you had to live in a movie, which one would you like it to be?
The Aquatic Life with Steve Zissou (Wes Anderson, 2004, US).
19. Your life becomes a bio-pic. Who plays the role of you?
20. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to ninja.
21. What is your most treasured possession?
22. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Publishing a poem.
23. What is your motto?
Everything is funny in a way.